It has happened to all of us in some way, shape or form! Even for this blogger, it has happened and at times still, does. Being fearful of your goals when you get to them or working towards them. It is not a negative thing it is just you being a tad bit self-conscious in a goal abiding way. Just follow me! You’ll understand by the end of this.
You: Well….what is my problem, Travis?
Me: Well….I’ll tell you because I gots love for you!
If you are in a panic state….CALM DOWN!!!! It is a problem many people face if not all. The problem is not you can’t accomplish your goals the problem could be one or more of these components:
- Lack of motivation: Which can happen all the time or from time to time! “I don’t wanna!”
- Fear of completion: That you’ll work and nothing will come out of it
- Getting to the goal and not know what to do next: Yay you did it! But what is next?
- Not understanding your goal: Do you know what is going on?
Those are some of the main goal fearing components that I see in this day and age along with my GENERATION! Those negative components go with all goals not just those big goals of a promotion at work or improvements of your finances. It could be anything such as you wanting to gain some weight (me) or creating/furthering your small business. Goals are goals no matter how big or small some are easily accomplished while others aren’t and that is just how it is! Just do not and I repeat do not fear those goals be prepared for those goals and grow/accomplish those goals folks! So with every problem, there is a solution so let’s get to those!
You: So what is my solution to my problem?
Me: Now, you are asking the real questions! You hold the solution I am just going to bring it out of you.
Since you’re calm now we can now figure out what to do about our goal fears! It’ll be hard at first but I have total confidence in you. So with those four I gave a few words ago here is the solution to them:
- Find what truly motivates you: Maybe it’s the money or the passion that you have for that goal. Use that energy of DREAMING to DOING!
- Work is work: You may think that work is in vein but little do you know you probably done set yourself up for something bigger and better.
- Let’s not think of what is next: Let’s think about how you are going to grow that goal once you accomplish it! Completion = A Seed!
- Understanding what it takes: All goals have a process you need to understand your process and ADJUST!
After reading this you have no excuse for being fearful of your goals! Goals are positive and not negative! It may take some time to achieve a goal but you can accomplish it. No goal is too big nor too small! Your goals are your goals and no one else’s only you can achieve em!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!!
An intern’s lifestyle at times can be a lifestyle of self-guiding! “What do you mean by that Travis?” is what you are probably asking and that is ok. Due to the fact of…..MY SUPERVISOR IS OUT OF TOWN!!! So now I sit here with my keyboard in hand trying to understand what is a little intern like me suppose to do. I’ll tell you what I am about to do….find some more work to do that pertains to my internship that is. As I finish up on some small projects I am almost starting to figure out my own. Projects that help the center out more than hurt it….even though it is under renovations. He is a busy man so what do I expect? For him to always be around by my side. No, not even a little bit! Oh lord! (Drake pun hopefully you caught it) At the same time though I will be out of town myself on a business trip so I will be guiding myself along the way to being productive still even though at times it will be challenging because I will be in Atlanta. I’ll find a way folks I promise. But I’ll be on standby folks when he gets back because when he does….oh buddy! I know there will be a meeting set up with not only us but one another special person. May I’ll give y’all the low down on that conversation. Oh and stay productive folks!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!
So you may or may not know that I Travis am an..INTERN!!!! Yes, I am I living the luxurious life as one. Now, I will not disclose the location but just know that I am doing some big stuff in my life. Since the spring semester has started I’ve been working on projects for my internship that range from art to how to better communicate my I guess you can say “employers” to the community. So with the young mind that I have, I’ve figured out some simple ways that I do not mind sharing that I am currently using:
- Social Media: Yes, I know everyone says this but do you really know how to use it? For example, we have two college campuses and a town that from it looks like isn’t all that interested in art. BUT!!! Those two college campuses are along with they have art departments. Following students on campus will get you recognized and connected.
- Getting Hip with The Times: Listen in this day in age you need a bomb website that is good on your phone and on a desktop! So simplify that website so people can truly navigate how you want them too.
- PR (Public Relations) Is NOT Scary: Hello, folks PR is the almost the backbone of a successful business other than money! It is the small things that count. Customer service and giving positive vibes as a whole for a business makes everything so much better.
Overall, I can say this year is about to be something serious! With this place going under renovation and me helping out with the rebranding…. ZERO GAMES WILL BE PLAYED!!! May if authorized I’ll show y’all some stuff down the line.
I SPOKE ON IT!!!
Most of you know who Wendy Williams is correct? If not I will give you some background Wendy Williams in simple terms is a radio personality who now has her own television show. Who is known for her trash talking and getting the facts out of folks which is her job if I must say. Simple right? Right, well her trash talking has gotten her in trouble like it always has but this time with the wrong group of people. Historical Black College/University students also known as HBCU students is the group that has been firing Wendy up. Maybe not fire…the hot chicken grease for fried chicken Wednesday is what they are dipping her into. Only my HBCU students would know what I am talking about. I digress. As she was speaking about the powerful Jeese Williams speech on the BET Awards…well I will let you read her statement yourself:
“I must say to you, he was on BET. His speech was very poignant,” Wendy says on her show this week. “On the other hand, I would be really offended if there was a school that was known as a historically white college. We have historically Black colleges. What if there was the National Organization for White People, only? There’s the NAACP.”
After her statement she then says “racism sucks” maybe that was her way of trying to make things up but I was already fed up at that point.
- For someone who is going into the same field that she is already in she probably said that to further herself and the show into the press. Think about it if folks talk about you…you are relevant!
- For someone who currently attends an HBCU (going into my junior year) and knows their history HBCUs were founded during a time where African Americans (Black) could not go to college (my school was founded in 1869) so we decided to make our own. Caucasians (White) did not have to worry about that during that time but we still gave their schools an acronym which is PWI which stands for predominately white institution. HBCUs are not meant for only African American students not at all we accept all walks of life that is just a stereotype that we have since we have majority of African American students and professors at some schools. Majority of the time any other race will receive a minority scholarship for attending an HBCU! Of all things Wendy didn’t attend an HBCU she went to Northeastern University. Don’t speak on anything if you do not have any knowledge of it! Plus, I am a memeber of the NAACP so you telling me that the organization that I am a member of offends people? Ok. Caucasians have more than enough organizations to help them.
- For someone who actually enjoys Wendy Williams and what she does for entertainment it is almost disheartening for her to try to get in on something that is very controversial in this day in age. Not saying she cannot speak on issues but know what you are saying before you say the wrong thing. Some are comparing her to Stacy Dash who has pretty much been deemed “whitewashed.”
Now a person who I have always looked up to that gathered Wendy all the way together has to be Roland Martin here is what he had to say:
Everything he said is so true because it simply felt as if she did not educate herself enough.
I SPOKE ON IT!!!