It has happened to all of us in some way, shape or form! Even for this blogger, it has happened and at times still, does. Being fearful of your goals when you get to them or working towards them. It is not a negative thing it is just you being a tad bit self-conscious in a goal abiding way. Just follow me! You’ll understand by the end of this.
You: Well….what is my problem, Travis?
Me: Well….I’ll tell you because I gots love for you!
If you are in a panic state….CALM DOWN!!!! It is a problem many people face if not all. The problem is not you can’t accomplish your goals the problem could be one or more of these components:
- Lack of motivation: Which can happen all the time or from time to time! “I don’t wanna!”
- Fear of completion: That you’ll work and nothing will come out of it
- Getting to the goal and not know what to do next: Yay you did it! But what is next?
- Not understanding your goal: Do you know what is going on?
Those are some of the main goal fearing components that I see in this day and age along with my GENERATION! Those negative components go with all goals not just those big goals of a promotion at work or improvements of your finances. It could be anything such as you wanting to gain some weight (me) or creating/furthering your small business. Goals are goals no matter how big or small some are easily accomplished while others aren’t and that is just how it is! Just do not and I repeat do not fear those goals be prepared for those goals and grow/accomplish those goals folks! So with every problem, there is a solution so let’s get to those!
You: So what is my solution to my problem?
Me: Now, you are asking the real questions! You hold the solution I am just going to bring it out of you.
Since you’re calm now we can now figure out what to do about our goal fears! It’ll be hard at first but I have total confidence in you. So with those four I gave a few words ago here is the solution to them:
- Find what truly motivates you: Maybe it’s the money or the passion that you have for that goal. Use that energy of DREAMING to DOING!
- Work is work: You may think that work is in vein but little do you know you probably done set yourself up for something bigger and better.
- Let’s not think of what is next: Let’s think about how you are going to grow that goal once you accomplish it! Completion = A Seed!
- Understanding what it takes: All goals have a process you need to understand your process and ADJUST!
After reading this you have no excuse for being fearful of your goals! Goals are positive and not negative! It may take some time to achieve a goal but you can accomplish it. No goal is too big nor too small! Your goals are your goals and no one else’s only you can achieve em!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!!
If you know me well you know that I’m in the military! It’s my pleasure to serve you just in case you were saying in your head, “Thank you for service.” As you already know the military deploys from time to time and I went on one…..to where you ask? The wonderful state of Montana of course! With my military uniform in my bag, I had to figure out what I was going to wear on our downtime (which we had a lot of)…..now the old me would have packed about 20 different outfits with 40 pairs of shoes. But I have grown up! So what did I do? I packed three outfits………….yes……only three. Crazy right? Not really! Listen to me folks…..when you travel only pack for what you know you are going to do!
I know I was going to be lounging around a lot so I brought primarily lounge around clothing…THAT CAN BE WORN WHEN GOING OUT JUST IN CASE I DID NOT WANT TO PUT ON ANYTHING “FANCY”!!! Versatility is the key here folks! Really, with three outfits you have 27…..here is the math. Three shirts, three pairs of pants, and three pairs of sneakers 3 multiplied by 3 multiplied by 3. Combinations folks! Here are the outfits:
#1 Loose As A Goose
#2 Feels A Little Tight
#3 Oh He’s A Que!
Now, do not get me, wrong folks, I am not saying you can’t bring a little bit of extra clothing with you like an extra pair of pants and shirt but no need to overload! One thing that I do when I travel if it is not dealing with the military I pack at least 3 to 4 full really nice outfits and wear another outfit on the way to my destination….which means I just plus my outfit arsenal by 1!
So what is my point exactly? With limited clothing at home or on a trip if you know how to mix and match what you have you’ve beaten a constant style challenge that some of the most fashionable continue to fight and at times can’t figure out! It’s a pretty simple message I know but some just don’t understand. Something that I have been preaching for years is that fashion is simply the clothing! The style is internal! Do not let the covers of these magazines, runways, and celeb fashion define you when it comes to style…..LET EM INSPIRE YOU!!!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!!
Y’all….my contract has been signed! So you must have not known….well for the class that this whole “series” is on we needed a contract to be signed to be officially in the internship even though I been working for it. So I was not worried about not getting my contract signed! Aside from that, though…..y’all I have been putting in some serious creative work:
- My PR Skills: The little town where my internship is located it is kind of urban/rural so most folks aren’t interested in art. So it is hard to find the people who are…but we do have two college campuses so I am going to try to utilize those to make way to the overall community. If that makes sense! I think it does. *Calls marketing majors*
- Social Media Skills: So one major aspect of my internship is social media and how I am going to use it to better the center’s image and increase the attendance of folks. Honestly, it is kind o hard due to me thinking of so many ways to document what is going on. For example, I could document only the renovations to building it up to the grand opening or just market heavily for the grand opening. So I am stuck between either posting a bunch of construction pictures to a grand opening picture or post the done results and the grand opening. You tell me what I should do?
But other than that y’all things are going well. I will be meeting one of the new executives soon so wish me luck that the conversation goes well. Even though I know it is…I mean it is me…TRAVIS!!!
I SPOKE ON IT!!
An intern’s lifestyle at times can be a lifestyle of self-guiding! “What do you mean by that Travis?” is what you are probably asking and that is ok. Due to the fact of…..MY SUPERVISOR IS OUT OF TOWN!!! So now I sit here with my keyboard in hand trying to understand what is a little intern like me suppose to do. I’ll tell you what I am about to do….find some more work to do that pertains to my internship that is. As I finish up on some small projects I am almost starting to figure out my own. Projects that help the center out more than hurt it….even though it is under renovations. He is a busy man so what do I expect? For him to always be around by my side. No, not even a little bit! Oh lord! (Drake pun hopefully you caught it) At the same time though I will be out of town myself on a business trip so I will be guiding myself along the way to being productive still even though at times it will be challenging because I will be in Atlanta. I’ll find a way folks I promise. But I’ll be on standby folks when he gets back because when he does….oh buddy! I know there will be a meeting set up with not only us but one another special person. May I’ll give y’all the low down on that conversation. Oh and stay productive folks!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!
So you may or may not know that I Travis am an..INTERN!!!! Yes, I am I living the luxurious life as one. Now, I will not disclose the location but just know that I am doing some big stuff in my life. Since the spring semester has started I’ve been working on projects for my internship that range from art to how to better communicate my I guess you can say “employers” to the community. So with the young mind that I have, I’ve figured out some simple ways that I do not mind sharing that I am currently using:
- Social Media: Yes, I know everyone says this but do you really know how to use it? For example, we have two college campuses and a town that from it looks like isn’t all that interested in art. BUT!!! Those two college campuses are along with they have art departments. Following students on campus will get you recognized and connected.
- Getting Hip with The Times: Listen in this day in age you need a bomb website that is good on your phone and on a desktop! So simplify that website so people can truly navigate how you want them too.
- PR (Public Relations) Is NOT Scary: Hello, folks PR is the almost the backbone of a successful business other than money! It is the small things that count. Customer service and giving positive vibes as a whole for a business makes everything so much better.
Overall, I can say this year is about to be something serious! With this place going under renovation and me helping out with the rebranding…. ZERO GAMES WILL BE PLAYED!!! May if authorized I’ll show y’all some stuff down the line.
I SPOKE ON IT!!!
Do not get me wrong folks…..I love the clearance section of any store but am I the only one that peeped that majority of them are quite weak now! Like back in the day in my middle school years and some high school years (I am a college junior now) it felt as though all of my little “fashion weirdness” dreams would be answered by the clearance section. Now, it feels as though those dreams have become nightmares for not only my outfit game but for my pockets too. Keep up with me on this! Like this man in the background…but I will be moving at the speed of Nicki Minaj!
So let’s touch one of my “favorite” mainstream stores that I want to low-key work at…Urban Outfitters (UO). For years I have shopped at this store through its good times and bad times I was always there. At that wooden desk with my little debit card praying that it goes through. Even though I would have a hand full of nothing but clothes that were past its season. No issue to me! I would run into that store and push everyone out of the way just to go through the many racks of clearance. I would find anything everything from jerseys to pants that actually fit me. I was so happy…..but as time went by the racks got smaller and the 50% clearance sale did not happen as often. So I went from running too fast walking to a slight shuffle into the back of this store. Now, the clearance section feels just as expensive as the main floor with lame clothing.
Why do I think that is? One, UO is one of the biggest hot spots now when it comes to Urban/Hipster clothing so of course prices are going to go up and things stay out a little longer on the sales floor. (My HBCU has taught me a little something-something.) Secondly, we are within an age of fashion where everyone has the talent to make something for someone. Well, let me not say everyone but majority of people and if someone does not have that talent they know some who does. I mean for me having my own clothing brand for this Christmas seasons people have dropped the mainstream stores and started shopping with me! So I cannot complain too much. Finally, people gotta save their money so UO along with other stores is trying to cut back on their losses.
What is to be taught from this?:
- The 90’s baby age group has deaded the whole concept of being trendy just a little bit and trying to be smarter with our money. I mean let’s face it most of us are in our 20’s. We are going to leave all that expensive stuff to the 2000’s babies.
- Mainstream stores are starting to lose their audiences that they have been supporting them for years. (Another example: American Apparel)
- D-I-Y (Do It Yourself) or LSDI (Let Someone Do It) I made the second one up but besides that those are the two ways to go as of right now. If someone can make you something that is custom to you for just a couple of dollars extra or same price as store stuff you are more willing to get it. Which makes sense. Along with DIY stuff if you can do it…..why buy it? I mean let’s be real if you know that you can make your own “Yeezy” Season hoodie or your own clutch why buy it?
- Personal style has not become truly….PERSONAL!
I SPOKE ON IT!!!